Thursday 22 November 2012

Angry birds teach you Physics



On a lazy afternoon, I was totally bored and decided to play "Angry Birds", the only game on my iPad. Not a great fan of the game, I started playing it. After a few levels, I suddenly realised a funny fact. Unknowingly I had started using the "Law of Trajectory" I had learnt a few years ago in physics. I was thrilled and started looking keenly at every trajectory I used while playing. And voila! I could complete all the levels, yes seriously!
Games have been time and again criticised by parents and teachers but this revelation of the Angry Birds game made me wonder if the argument against these computer games is even valid given the fact it can be a fantastic way of education!


1 comment:

  1. A very observant question but the problem is when there is abuse and excessive attention given to such games at the expense of other necessary pursuits.

    ReplyDelete